How to Layer Jewelry for Fall 2017
There really are no stead fast rules on how to layer your jewelry pieces, but I do keep a few things in mind when I am going for the layered look.
1. First lets think about texture, length, and color
- Texture of the crystals and stones comes into play with the size and facet shape. Charms, connectors, and Druzy pieces also bring in a lot of texture and personality.
- Length of necklaces should differ by at least two inches.
- Colors are chosen to compliment each other in a similar palette but don't be afraid to POP some metallics! I typically choose the same string color as a unifying base for the layers.
2. Start with the focal point or strongest necklace and then add up or down depending on my outfit.
- Jeans and T-shirt? Start with a choker and then add a super long thin crystal chain.
- Sweater dress with booties? Throw on those pearls... two is always better than one!
- Holiday Party? Start with a large Druzy pendant necklace along with a crystal 40’’ chain.
3. Finally, stack on the bracelets!
You can never go wrong with wearing stretch bracelets to compliment your necklaces. Whether it is a casual two bracelet occasion or a wrist full of bracelets, this adds that extra sparkle and playfulness to your look!
What are your favorite ways to layer jewelry? We would love to hear in the comments below! Also, be sure to follow us on Instagram!